Roles And Responsibilities
"SUCCESS" will generally mean long-term increase in value but fundamentally it is up toeach director to decide, in good faith,whether it is appropriate for the company to take particular course of action.
- The likely consequences of any decision in the long term.
- The interests of the company's employees
- The need to foster the company's business relationship with supplier's customers and others.
- The impact of the company's operation on the community and the environment.
- The desirability of the company maintaining a reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- The need to act fairly as between members of the company.
- The generral knowledge, skill and experience that may reasonably be expected of a person carrying out the same functions as you in relation to the company.
- The general knowledge ,skill and experience that you actually possess.
- Determining board composition and organization.
- Clarifying board and mangement responsibilities.
- Planning and managing board and board committee meetings,
- Developing the effectiveness of the board.